Oh hey there, lovelies!! Happy Friday! I’m on my way to the airport and just found out we have a two hour delay. Booooo! Anywho, I was totally supposed to blog about this on Wednesday but with the craziness of life, that just didn’t happen. So you get my undivided attention now.
So these lemon bars are the second part to that bridesmaid/mother/it’s-a-Tuesday-and-I-really-like-you gift. These things have a shortbread cookie base and LEMON. YES, PALEASE. Like 4 fresh lemons. Sprinkle some powdered sugar and your in sweet summery sugary business. In a few short weeks you guys will get the whole gift set because it fantastic and has a bath bomb. To be honest the bath bomb would have sold the whole dang gift but this lemon bar recipe is a close second because it’s food and I love food.
Sooo scroll through the beautiful photos by Laurenda Marie Photography to get to the recipe for these bad boys!
Lemon Bar Ingredients
3 sticks butter, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 eggs, room temperature
3 cups granulated sugar
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup flour
confectioner’s sugar for dusting
1. Butter a 9×13 baking pan, then line bottom and sides with parchment paper. This is optional, but will make removing the bars from the pan easier!
2. Make crust by creaming butter, sugar, and salt in bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in the flour.
3. Use your hands to press the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan, on top of the parchment paper. Chill pan in fridge while oven preheats to 350*. Bake the crust for 12-15 minutes until very lightly browned. Let cool on a wire rack and leave the oven on.
4. In a clean bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour. Pour the lemon mixture over the crust and bake for about 35 minutes, until filling is set. Let cool to room temperature than refrigerate at least an hour before serving.
5. To service, cut into squares and dust with confectioner’s sugar. Store leftovers in fridge!